$1,000 Sign-on Bonus for external candidates
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) will make outbound calls to members and physicians to improve medication adherence and other pharmacy related quality metrics. Responsible for gathering prescription refill orders and providing excellent customer service as well as determining the eligibility of members applying for the Medical Assistance Program. These roles are great for both experienced and recently graduated certified technicians. Schedule between the hours of (Mon-Fri 8am-8pm Central and Saturday rotation 8am-5:30pm Central).
- Conduct a high volume of outbound calls to members to discuss reasons for non-compliant to medication(s), schedule pharmacy telephonic appointments, and/or obtain important follow up information from providers Outbound calls are made primarily using an autodialer requiring precision to detail and adaptability to type of response needed
- Follows system scripting and validates member demographic information
- Collects and maintains eligibility information in an appropriate and confidential manner
- Enters all assigned applications within a specified time frame in order to ensure eligibility deadlines are met accordingly
- Exhibits excellent phone and communication skills while providing complete and accurate information to members
- Requests additional or supplemental information via correspondence in order to complete applications
- Adheres to assigned schedule and quality metrics
- Uses a multi-lined telephonic system to answer calls regarding eligibility requirements and medication refill orders
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 2 + years of experience in a pharmacy setting
- 1+ year of experience in a customer service setting
- Call Center experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign-On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.