All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: 3pm to 11:30pm, Monday through Friday
The community you’ll be caring for:
• Located north of Orlando in the community of Altamonte Springs, our facility is consistently named “Best Hospital” for overall quality, reputation, doctors and nurses by local residents
• As the largest satellite campus within the AdventHealth system, AdventHealth Altamonte has been providing state-of-the-art healthcare to the community since 1973
• The 398-bed hospital cares for more than 168,000 patients a year. We are proud to be revolutionizing health care with visionary leadership and world-class resources
The role you’ll contribute:
The Lead Sterile Processing Technician position is for an experienced Certified Sterile Processing Technician. Under supervision of the SPD (Sterile Processing Department) Supervisor / Manager , the Lead Sterile Processing Technician will serve as a shift lead and will run a shift independently when supervisors are not present. The position will assist and monitor activities related to sterilization, decontamination, and disinfection for their assigned shift while promoting services and satisfaction through training, education, and resolution of instrument set and processes concerns of staff and physicians. The lead sterile processing tech assists Sterile Processing Department (SPD) Manager/ Supervisor in overseeing compliance with regulatory considerations. Participates in orientation of new hires, quality audits, and performance improvement activities for the department. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Ability to communicate effectively
· Knowledge of surgical instrumentation and medical terminology
· Ability to understand the needs of the customer and respond to them in a pro-active, courteous, professional, and efficient manner.
· Ability to adapt to change and work in an environment the requires flexibility
· Ability to lead other and work under stress and tight deadlines
· Understand the principles of microbiology, aseptic principles and techniques, and infection control
· Knowledge of prevention of cross contamination and the critical nature of nosocomial infections.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Certification through HSPA (Healthcare Sterile Processing Association) and Materials Management) (CRCST) or CBSPD (Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution) (CSPDT)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Two years of experience in a healthcare based sterile processing department
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· High school diploma or equivalent
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.