Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data, and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions, and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
If you reside in Huntsville, Alabama, or surrounding cities, you’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Member quality of care
- Make medication outreach calls related to medication adherence, answer member questions related to adherence, educate as needed on RX benefits and document outcomes as appropriate
- Identify patients for medication adherence barriers and collaborate with pharmacists, providers, and pharmacies to develop a plan to increase patients' medication adherence
- Additional duties as necessary
- Pharmacy engagement and support
- Collaborate with independent pharmacies and “embed” as needed to improve the medication adherence performance for assigned pharmacies
- Act as liaison between member, Pharmacist, and health plan
- Report pharmacy outcomes to leadership
- Provider engagement and support
- Collaborate with prescribing clinician to update the members care plan and address medication adherence barriers
- Serve as a resource to support pharmacy initiatives that will lead to better star performance and outcomes
- Act as liaison between member, pharmacist, and prescribing clinician
- Be aware of active Medicare and Retirement Provider incentives specific to RX Measures
- Report pharmacy outcomes to local URS Clinical Pharmacist, Practice Performance Manager, and health plan
- Activities may include data collection, data entry, quality monitoring
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED OR 4+ years of experience working as a Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmacy Technician license from the state of Alabama, must be in good standing and certified by the State Board of Pharmacy
- 2+ years of customer service experience speaking with patients and healthcare providers over the phone or in person
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time to selected pharmacies in the state of Alabama for implementation of initiatives and strategies
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word
- Ability to work Monday - Friday with a shift between the hours of 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint (create new, edit pre - existing presentations, presentation skills)
- Medicare knowledge in a pharmacy setting
- Previous experience working within a physician, provider, and / or medical office
- Experience in Medication Therapy Management (MTM)
- Managed care experience
- Electronic medical record and HEDIS knowledge and experience regarding clinical quality
- 2+ years of Pharmacy Technician experience
- Ability to work independently in a virtual setting
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged, and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.