Location: New York, New York
The people of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) are united by a singular mission: ending cancer for life. Our specialized care teams provide personalized, compassionate, expert care to patients of all ages. Informed by basic research done at our Sloan Kettering Institute, scientists across MSK collaborate to conduct innovative translational and clinical research that is driving a revolution in our understanding of cancer as a disease and improving the ability to prevent, diagnose, and treat it. MSK is dedicated to training the next generation of scientists and clinicians, who go on to pursue our mission at MSK and around the globe. One of the world's most respected comprehensive centers devoted exclusively to cancer, we have been recognized as one of the top two cancer hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report for more than 30 years.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
We are seeking a Central Processing Technician II to become a part of our team of dedicated professionals at our David H. Koch Center for Cancer Care facility. As a member of our team, you will decontaminate, package, Hi-level disinfects, and sterilize surgical instrumentation, rigid and flexible endoscopes, and other patient care equipment. You will also perform supply Inventory management activities as assigned, and ensure work the environment is maintained in accordance to departmental and regulatory guidelines.
Are your ready to take the next step in your career by joining our dynamic Sterile Processing Team? See below to learn how!
Hours: Evening: 3pm- 11pm with weekend rotation required
Decontamination of Instruments, Rigid Scopes and Equipment: Follow Departmental, manufacturer, and regulatory guidelines while performing assigned duties in the decontamination area. Follows Hospital Infection Control practices.
- Check decontamination equipment for accurate function. Operate equipment according to Departmental and manufacturer guidelines.
- Inspect and prepare surgical instruments for cleaning and decontamination.
- Decontaminate surgical instruments, rigid scopes, and equipment.
- Receive, tag, and process non-bar-coded instruments from clinical areas and patient floors
- Clean and disinfects patient care equipment.
Assembly and Packaging: Fellow Departmental and manufacturer guidelines in the assembly and preparation of surgical instruments.
- Assemble all basic instrument sets.
- Clean and disinfect patient care equipment and build all basic instrument sets. Assemble all sophisticated/specialty sets once trained.
- Demonstrate shown understanding in the assembly and preparation of instrument sets for the appropriate method of sterilization.
Sterile Storage, Distribution, and Case Cart Assembly: Assemble case carts and distribute items in accordance with Departmental policy and procedure
- Use the instrument management system to accurately detail the distribution of trays and individual instruments during the case cart assembly and distribution process.
- Assemble case carts in the sequence of the surgical schedule in accordance with Pick List.
- Place items in case carts to ensure easy access, clear labels and support good ergonomics.
- Central Processing Certification Required - Not Provisional Status
- At this time we are unable to accept provisional status employees. Please apply if you have completed your 400 hours and are fully certified.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- 1 - 2 years of clinical medical/surgical experience preferred. New Graduate CRCST's are welcome to apply.
- Ability to read, write and understand basic instructions required.
- Occasional lifting and pushing of medical equipment.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Familiar with handling hazardous chemicals and able to stand for extended periods of time while working in areas with high temperatures
- Visual concentration is vital.
Pay Range $24.88-$37.44
Please click to learn more about MSK's compensation philosophy.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.