Location: Boise, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Boise, Meridian and Nampa is seeking a Psychiatric Technician to join our team.
The Psychiatric Technician role at St. Luke's is an exciting new training program to receive your Psychiatric Technician Certification as you orient to the role. We are looking for compassionate individuals to provide empathetic care. Under supervision of a Registered Nurse, the Psychiatric Technician assists in the care of individuals with mental illnesses and/or behavioral problems. This role would float between the Nampa, Meridian and Boise hospitals. Apply today for this unique opportunity!
Day and Night Shift available
This is a float position, covering all 3 locations listed above
- Monitor patient's physical and emotional well-being and report unusual behavior or physical ailments to the Registered Nurse.
- Observes and influences patient's behavior.
- Provides basic care and oversees the safety and security of mental/behavioral health patients under supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- May assist patients in participating in recreational activities and in matters of personal hygiene.
- Ensures safe environment of care.
- May take and record measures of patient's general physical conditions, such as vitals, blood sugars, and observations of behaviors per policy and regulation for provision of care.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: None
- Licenses/Certifications: American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Provider certification.
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
For more information, please contact Julie Leguineche at email@example.com
The city of Meridian is a suburb of Boise located approximately 10 miles from downtown Boise. Meridian is a premier place to live and work with just under 90,000 residents. This clean and attractive city is framed by mountains and has a pleasant mild, 4-season climate and excellent commerce. The city offers a wide selection of nearby recreational activities such as skiing, 130 miles of hiking trails and 25 miles of paths which link 850 acres of parks. Meridian offers premier shopping, dining and entertainment.
Learn more about what Meridian and the Treasure Valley has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | City of Meridian | The Village | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
The city of Nampa, in Canyon County, is located on the west end of the beautiful Treasure Valley. Approximately 30 minutes from the capital city of Boise, it features the perfect mixture of rural and urban living and boasts the strongest agricultural economies in the entire state. This being Idaho's largest metropolitan area. Nampa offers a rich environment with endless natural beauty, local history, culture and economic well-being.
Learn more about what Nampa has to offer you:
City of Nampa | Warhawk Air Museum | Deer Flat Wildlife Refuge | Wilson Ponds | Nampa Parks | Concerts at the Ford Idaho Center
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.