Location: Twin Falls, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Twin Falls is seeking a HIM Technician 2 to join our Hospital Scanning team.
Monday - Wednesday day shift (0930 - 1800), Thursday and Friday night shift (2200 - 0600)
Wednesday - Friday day shift (0930 - 1800), Saturday and Sunday night shift (2200 - 0600)
Position SummaryUnder limited supervision, the HIM Technician 2 is responsible for the management of the electronic medical records.
- Responsible for verifying, importing, prepping, scanning and maintaining patient health information in the electronic medical record in an accurate and timely manner.
- Validates completeness of medical record content through a review of documents and provides notification to provider(s) of incomplete status.
- Reviews electronic medical records to ensure compliance with rules, regulations, and company policy.
- Identifies and assigns any deficiency to the appropriate provider to complete minimum documentation requirements.
- Monitors the status of incomplete medical records and notifies providers of pending and delinquent medical records to support timely record completion.
- Monitors work queues for indexing documentation into the electronic health record.
- Documents and transcribes in the patient health record appropriate health information. Creates new encounters and orders to accommodate patient health information as appropriate.
- Routinely communicates with physicians and their office staff, as well as other health care facilities.
- Responds to requests for health information and follows established facility standards, state and federal guidelines.
- Processes the release of health information/medical records for continuity of care purposes.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: 1 year relevant experience.
- Licenses/Certifications: None
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
About Twin Falls
Located in Southern Idaho, just under two hours from Boise, Twin Falls offers four distinct seasons and is best known for Shoshone Falls - "Niagara of the West" - and bountiful outdoor adventures. Adventure seekers here can enjoy whitewater rafting, kayaking, rock-climbing and BASE jumping from Perrine Bridge. Twin Falls has a thriving agriculture-based economy, which powers its reputation as a preferred location for food science, production and processing companies. Local schools receive strong support from the community in both academics and sports, while also enriching the community's arts and culture scene. With a low crime rate, good schools and endless opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast, you'll find Twin Falls is unhurried, unspoiled and unassuming.
Learn more about what the Magic Valley has to offer you:
City of Twin Falls | Perrine Bridge | Shoshone Falls | Snake River Canyon Rim Trails | Dierkes Lake | Idaho Heritage Museum | Herrett Center for Arts and Sciences | Orpheum Theatre | Faulkner Planetarium | Twin Falls Parks and Rec | Twin Falls Golf Club | Farmer's Market | Pomerelle Ski Resort | Balanced Rock | City of Rocks | Thousand Springs | Magic Valley Symphony | Sawtooth National Forest
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.