Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Complex Care Services
Provides expert leadership in assisting the Pharmacy Manager/Supervisor or designee to train and coordinate the efforts of a group of pharmacy technicians into an efficient support team. Assigns and coordinates the work schedule for a large group of technicians. Monitors technician activities to support compliance to hospital and department policies and procedures. Participates in interviews with pharmacy technician candidates and selection. Participates in coordination of orientation and training of new pharmacy technicians as well as the ongoing training for new processes or procedures. Participates in the performance assessment of staff in assigned areas. Under the direction of Pharmacy management, coordinates data collection and analysis of quality, efficiency, and service data for a designated pharmacy area or areas and takes corrective action, if applicable.
* Assists the pharmacist in the preparation, dispensing and/or distribution of medications.
* Applies departmental processes regarding inventory control.
* Operates computer systems and utilizes technology.
* Works collaboratively with Pharmacy management to effect positive change in the workplace.
* Develops, implements, and maintains new programs and protocols.
* Oversees and reviews quality assurance data and takes corrective action for variances.
* Performs any job duty of a Pharmacy Technician Specialist.
* The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
* Pharmaceutical Computer Literacy (Intermediate): Has demonstrated a high level of proficiency in understanding computers or has successfully completed additional training for applications that are used to support more complex or automated medication use processes. Is capable of using the advanced features of pharmaceutical computer applications to support patient care issues of moderate difficulty.
* Pharmaceutical Drug Preparation, Dispensing & Distribution (Expert): Is a recognized technical expert in assisting the pharmacist in drug preparation, dispensing and distribution. Expected to have the process knowledge of systems to facilitate drug preparation dispensing and distribution. This includes being proficient in the general principles and techniques of asepsis utilized to compound sterile preparations (CSPs) to minimize the risk of contamination where applicable.
* Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance & Compliance (Advanced): Possesses specialized knowledge of the appropriate rules and regulations and applies them in difficult, stressful and complex situations. Demonstrates expertise and advanced knowledge of process improvement, and quality assurance techniques. Understands the principles upon which the rules and regulations are based. Demonstrates a commitment to continuous quality improvement and maintains compliance with a federal, state and local regulations as well as VUMC policies and procedures. Able to explain rules and regulations that are ambiguous or unclear.
* Drug Inventory & Records Management (Advanced): Demonstrates expertise working with drug inventory and records management. Demonstrates ability to maintain and project appropriate inventory levels of medications. Able to collect, organize and/or maintain appropriate pharmacy and patient related information. Successfully uses advanced Inventory Management tools and products to manage inventory. Takes a lead role in the design and implementation of infrastructure that improves efficiency and effectiveness.
* Program Management (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate the ability to administer a program or product. Works under the direction of others.
* Mentoring & Coaching (Intermediate): Demonstrates good training and mentoring practices on a regular basis. Acts as a mentor to a person in need of support and direction. Makes a concerted effort to seek problem definition so it is clearly understood, clarifying and refining goals, as needed. Knows how to make personal gains apparent, supporting pride in accomplishment. Cites specific examples of conduct and responds to lack of progress in constructive ways. Encourages two way dialogue, soliciting opinions of people being trained and mentored. Explores alternative solutions and approaches which make a person or team more likely to accomplish their goals.
Allied health is among the fastest growing occupations in healthcare today. This area can be defined as credentialed professionals who perform supportive, diagnostic, and therapeutic health care services to promote health and prevent disease in a variety of settings.
These areas are crucial to Vanderbilt Health's reputation for excellence in these areas that has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South.
Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the southeast choose Vanderbilt Health for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.
* Organizational Impact: Plans and sets day-to-day objectives for the team that have a direct effect on the results of the department or area that the job is in. * Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Resolves technical and operational problems within provided guideline. * Breadth of Knowledge: Applies advanced subject matter knowledge within a specific technical area and basic management knowledge to support the team. * Team Interaction: Leads/supervises a unit within a department or a small department. Typically without budget or hire/fire authority. Role is typically a 'working' supervisor.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues: - Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy, and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance e and gain knowledge in new areas. - Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships. - Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them. - Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly. - Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring. Managing Resources Effectively: - Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities. Fostering Innovation: - Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches. - Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges. - Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
LIC-Pharmacy Technician - Tennessee
Relevant Work Experience
Experience Level :
Graduate of an approved discipline specific program
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.